These oatmeal cookies which are free of wheat, sugar, nuts, eggs and dairy, are a favorite at our house. I was looking for a snack for my son who has many food allergies and I found a recipe for pumpkin oatmeal cookies from Northern Nester. Based on the reviews I made some tweaks to the recipe and the result is a favorite of ours. So the original recipe credit goes to Northern Nester. I hope you enjoy my version below!
Hearty Oat Cookies
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 1/2 cups oats Gluten free if you have allergies
- 4 tbsp Gentle Sweet
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp mineral salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/8 cup collagen
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a blender grind 2 cups of oats into coarse pieces. Save out 1/2 cup of whole oats.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, ground oats, 1/2 cup whole oats, sweetener, pumpkin spice, salt, flax and collagen. Mix all of these dry ingredients well.
- To the mixing bowl add the pumpkin puree, vanilla, molasses and chocolate chips. Mix until everything is incorporated and the oats are sticking together. Using a scoop form balls and flatten with your hand. Arrange cookies on parchment lined pans and bake for 10-12 minutes. Once cookies have cooled store them in an airtight container in the fridge.